First birthday - Box card

Hiiii,

Ready for the 3rd card? This one is one of my favorites and a special card! My daughter's birthday is around the corner and first birthdays are always special :) So here is the box card I made for her :)




To start with, I cut the cs to the required measurements to make the box card. I then added patterned papers to the flaps that would be displayed on the front. I stuck another cs to the back to make it stand straight.

Now, for the number 1, I started with a normal print out of the number, to use as a stencil. I carefully cut the number, and attached the positive to a circle cut from the cs. I then used scrap papers to mask the image, sponged using distress inks in rainbow colors. Here is a collage of the steps during masking and coloring.

Once done, I removed the number to get a defined "1" in white space. I wanted to fill it in with 3d snow glitter, and so used the negative stencil. So that's negative masking as well :)


I gave a black outline to the number, distressed the edges of the circle and attached to another white cs with pink and black washitape background to get the outlined effect. Added a rainbow colored star 3d sticker, a micky and a heart to make it more colorful :)



I then went ahead with stamping and coloring lots of balloons using distress inks. They were fussy cut, attached to acetate/cs and added on to the box card.  I punched out stars from color papers, added glitter and a rhinestone, and added them too to the card.

I've stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment onto white cs, cut in a circle, outlined with blue 3d glitter. Attached this onto a newspaper roll and covered with a quilling strip. Also, added another washitape that features 2 cute little ducks to popup.

Then I wanted to make a banner with my daughter's name, so I fussy cut little triangles and added cute hearts with the letters from her name. Here is a close up!


I added more 3d stickers to make it attractive for my daughter :) Also, heat embossed a few candles and cupcake in gold, colored them and added :)

I used a floral stamp and repeated it on the outer side to form a background pattern. Finally, used a ribbon to cover the card :)



There goes a matching envelope as well :)






Linking the card and tag to the below contests.

1. Lulupu 4th Birthday Challenge

I've used R2 - Balloons, Patterned Paper, Washi Tape and Banners



2. Paru's Card Making Challenges - March challenge

3. Ranganjali - March contest - Watercolors
4. Peek-a-boo Designs - Challenge 4


Thanks for stopping by, hope you like my card and envelope! Do let me know your feedback.
Have a nice day :)

Comments

  1. This is awesome n happy birthday bhuvi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Bhuvi is one lucky girl! Beautiful masking and what an exciting card!
    Thanks for playing along at Paru's card making challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous explosion box. Loved all the detailing you have put.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This box card is perfect for your little daughter! The colors are cheerful and vibrant! I don't know how you manage time with a 1yr old baby by your side! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lulupu March Challenge! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Suchi :) I made the card when my mom was baby-sitting her :D Without her help, I wouldn't be able to get any time!

      Delete
  5. Omg karthika this card is so much fun... luv to bhuvi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg karthika this card is so much fun... luv to bhuvi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely combo ! I love the cute scene you have created.
    Thanks for playing along
    Sharada Dilip
    DT Peek-a-boo designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card with fabulous details! Your daughter will indeed cherish this beautiful card when she'll grow up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card with fabulous details! Your daughter will indeed cherish this beautiful card when she'll grow up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a fun & engaging card! It must be so attractive to your daughter's little eyes! Great job!
    Thanks for joining us at Ranganjali's monthly challenge. Hope to see your cards in future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Purvi! Yes, it was too attractive for her that I had to stop her from tearing them apart :D

      Delete
  11. Such a fantastic interactive card , Karthikha ! Perfect as a birthday greeting. Love the colours. Love the way you made that '1'embellishment. :)
    Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Lulupu-March challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable Interactive card & perfect for your lil wonder !!
    Liked the way you embellish it !!
    Thank you for playing along with us @ Peek-a-boo Designs Challenge !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fantastic! Love how you created the components and made this project! Thank you for joining us at PABD Challenge #4. - Peek-a-boo Designs DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular